No matter how clean, But carpet fibers can still trap and hide dust, dirt, bacteria
and other pollutants. Over time, that can lead to matting and a general deterioration of
your carpet.Carpeting can be one of the most durable investments you make for your home - provided
you care for it properly. With routine cleaning and basic maintenance, a quality
carpet can last 20 years or more.
Regular Carpet Cleaning has a number of benefits that we sometimes forget:
- It extends the life of your carpet.
- It gives a fresh, clean look to a room.
- It makes a room smell better.
- It eliminates dust and particles that bother people with allergies and asthma.
- Choose a vacuum cleaner with dual motors, one for suction and the other for
the beater bar that loosens dirt. (Canister vacuums and 'electric brooms' don't
have a beater bar.)
- Make sure your vacuum cleaner has adjustable and rotating brushes that can
loosen ground-in soil, and a strong enough airflow to penetrate to the backing.
- Make sure the filtration bag is enclosed and adequately limits particles from
re-circulating into the air.
Rug Cleaning Tips
- Rotate your rug periodically for even wear.
- Vacuum on a regular basis. Be careful of fringe and the height of the beater bar. Consider not using the beater bar.
- Use a quality pad or cushion to allow for cleaning and prevent slippage
- A soft bristle brush, like a clothes brush
- Mild detergent, it must not contain bleach or alkaline
- White vinegar
- Dry cleaning fluid
- Weak ammonia
- Clean sponge
|© 2005 RUG CLEANING NEW YORK. All rights reserved|